- Switch to your Main Computer and install the Whirlpool GUI from Samourai Wallet Whirlpool release page. Download the appropriate file for Linux, Windows, or Mac.
- For Linux based machines you can use the following 3 terminal commands to download it.
sudo chmod +x whirlpool-gui-0.10.2.AppImage
- Install open-jdk-8 or higher on your Linux, Windows, or Mac machine.
- Launch Tor Browser and please note that it must be running prior to launching the Whirlpool GUI. Keep the browser minimized if you prefer, but it must remain running.
- Obtain the Tor hidden service address for Whirlpool by going to the Whirlpool Menu, and selecting
- Open the Whirlpool GUI and select Remote CLI.
- Paste in the entire Whirlpool hidden service address you obtained from step 5, and be sure to include
.onion. The Tor proxy field will auto-populate.
- Check Tor proxy port is set for Tor Browser:
socks5://127.0.0.1:9150 (or 9050 for Daemon)
- The Whirlpool GUI must be restarted if you need to modify the port number or you may have an error when trying to connect! If at anytime during this setup Whirlpool fails to connect, restart both Tor browser and the Whirlpool GUI.
- If it is your first time connecting, leave the
API Key blank, as this is only required after your Whirlpool CLI has been initialized. Press
Connect and you will be prompted to enter a pairing payload from your Samourai Wallet.
- Open your Samourai Wallet, and select the
[⋮] (3 dots) in the upper right corner. Select
Settings, go to
Transactions, and select
Pair to Whirlpool GUI. Copy the payload into your Whirlpool GUI using whatever method you prefer such webcam or encrypted email.
- After you have connected for the first time, the API key will be generated, and can be found using the Dojo Menu option mentioned in step 5 above. If you reset Whirlpool GUI you will need it to login again.
- You may be asked to enter your Samourai Wallet's passphrase again to log into the Whirlpool GUI, especially during certain tasks like altering configuration settings.
Did you choose to install Electrs for Electrum and Hardware Wallet support? Please continue to the Electrs section.
Otherwise, give the Whrilpool Stat Tool a try. It is not required, but we certainly recommend becoming familiar with this tool.
See here for more information on how to use Whirlpool and Post mix tools!
Check out the Troubleshooting page if you have any questions.
Need help? Join the RoninDojo Chatroom.
Return to Wiki Homepage.