This section should cover everything a new user needs to get started.
PGP Keys Wiki or PGP Keys Webpage
- Choose an image to download for your device from the download section above. RoninOS is customized Manjaro ARM Minimal for RoninDojo users, but we will always try to support the official Manjaro ARM XFCE releases if you prefer to use them instead.
- It is recommended that you verify this image using using gpg. If you are unsure about verifying please watch this playlist or see our verification page.
- Once you have downloaded the image on your computer, you need to flash it on an SD card. Download and install Balena Etcher. It’s a tool to flash an Operating System image to a micro SD card.
- Start Balena Etcher, make sure your micro SD card is plugged in to your PC, and then select the image file corresponding to Manjaro. An example is
- Finally click on “Flash!” to start the SD card flashing. After a few minutes, the SD card is ready. You can eject it.
- Insert the now flashed SD card into your device, make sure the SSD is plugged, and power on the device.
- Remote login to your device to configure your Operating System. This can be done from any Linux, Windows, or Mac computer that is connected to your local network using the following command:
- If you are not familiar with SSH command above, please see the SSH help section first.
- Enter the username you want to use, and it MUST BE all lowercase letters ONLY.
- Next you can add additional groups for additional users, but leave that blank for now.
- Then, you need to answer the following questions:
Locale names are typically in the form of:
For example, en_US.UTF-8 for American-English
For more info:
- Finally, the wizard gives you a list of all the information entered above. Confirm if everything is OK.
- The basic configuration takes a few seconds. Then the system resizes the SD card partition and reboots. After the reboot, the system is ready to use with your settings.
- Once completed, SSH remote login with your new username.
An ethernet connection is really the best way to get Internet access. If you have used Wifi and it is stable please feel free to submit a guide.
We find it best to use SSH for remote login from any device that is on the same local network as your RoninDojo. This way you can avoid the hassle of plugging in a monitor and keyboard to your RoninDojo.
Open the Terminal:
- Press keys
Cmd + Space
- Search for 'terminal', then launch application.
- Search for
cmd, then launch application.
Alternatively you can download and install one of the following, then launch the application:
¶ SSH Command Examples
SSH in to your RoninDojo using a command similar to these. Modify the IP address or username as needed.
For system setup:
Once system setup is completed:
¶ Useful Commands
Once the Operating System is setup, you are ready to begin the RoninDojo install process. Below are a few basic commands and we recommend you consult ArchLinux Pacman/Rosetta below for more.
- To install a new package:
pacman -S package-name
- To search a package name:
pacman -Ss package-name
For more commands reference:
Check out the Troubleshooting page for more info.
Need help? Try out our Support Service.
Join the RoninDojo Chatroom and engage the community.