In this "DIY" or "Do It Yourself" setup, you will recieve instruction on setting up and interacting with RoninDojo via the command line menus, or via the RoninUI graphical user interface. Both can accomplish a wide range of tasks, so use whichever you prefer.
In the near future, RoninDojo will rely heavily on the RoninUI for the average user, and the command line menus will remain available to those who prefer to take the "DIY" build approach or need to do maintenance using SSH.
- Download the latest RoninOS from our downloads page onto your PC or laptop. Ensure you pick the image relevant to the device your are going to run RoninDojo on.
- Download Balena Etcher, which will allow you to flash the RoninOS onto your micro SD card.
- Open Balena Etcher, insert the micro SD card into your PC, select the image you just downloaded, and press flash.
- Once the flashing has completed, remove the micro SD card from your PC and insert into your Ronin device. Ensure your ethernet cable and SSD are connected then turn the device on.
- Next we need to find out your RoninDojo's IP address so that we can log into it remotely using your PC. The simplist way to do this is by logging into your router's admin page and locating it from the device list. Alternatively, you can use a tool like Angry IP Scanner or if on mobile Network Analyzer to provide you with a list of devices on your local network.
- Now that we have the RoninDojo device IP address, log in using an SSH tool. Enter the command below into your chosen SSH tool to connect to your RoninDojo for the first time.
- Complete initial configuration process. Here you will define things like your username, keyboard layout, and timezone. Once this is complete, you will be asked to login with the new username you just created. Use the command example shown below but amend accordingly with your devices IP address.
- Here, all we are doing is downloading the most up to date version of RoninDojo.
git clone https://code.samourai.io/ronindojo/RoninDojo
- Run RoninDojo for the first time using the following command.
From now on, if you are using command line interface, all you need to do is type
ronin and press the enter key to pull up the main menu.
Continue on to RoninDojo install.
Check out the Troubleshooting page for more info.
Need help? Try out our Support Service.
Join the RoninDojo Chatroom.