RoninDojo is the backend for your Wallets, User Interface, Applications, and more. In short, it is the software that has your back 24/7 when it comes to using bitcoin however you prefer. RoninDojo interacts with the underlying Bitcoin software to manage and process your incoming and outgoing transactions. One should always be able to spend and recieve bitcoin without any questions asked!
- From the user interface, navigate using your keyboard arrows and the enter button to get to the
System menu option.
- Then go to
System Setup & Install.
- Using the mouse or arrow keys navigate to each of the menu items listed below and select each one using the spacebar or a mouse click. When you press
OK the install will start and should take at least 30 minutes. You may press the
Cancel button at any time to abort and return to previous menus.
- During this install you will be asked to choose from the following options.
- Samourai Indexer (Useful for faster Samourai Wallet balance queries)
- Electrum Rust Server (Useful for connecting other mobile or hardware wallets to your RoninDojo)
- No indexer (Not recommended)
Indexer and other applications can be installed, uninstalled, etc. by using the Application Management menu.
- Once finished installing, you will see each docker container start up. Your RoninDojo is now downloading the enitre bitcoin blockchain. This process can take anywhere between 2 and 4 days depending on your chosen hardware and internet speeds. At this time it is safe to press any letter to continue forward.
- If you selected to install the Samourai Indexer or Electrs from step 4 (above), then compaction will begin shortly after the bitcoin blockchain is downloaded. This compaction takes about 10 hours.
- Please note, there is a Blockchain Data Salvage check built in to RoninDojo. In the unlikely event that you break something, feel free to try reflashing your micro SD card and starting over. Your machine will be back online with all your hard earned block data in no time!
NOTICE: Your node will not be fully functional until the initial blockchain download and indexer compaction is complete.
Whilst waiting for your blockchain download to complete, continue on to the RoninUI section.
See here for more info on Checking Bitcoin Logs and progress.
Check out the Troubleshooting page for more info.
Need help? Join the RoninDojo Chatroom.
Return to Wiki Homepage.