RoninUI is a desktop application that allows you to quickly and easily...
- Check the progress of your IBD
- Quickly connect your Samourai Wallet to its own Dojo backend via a QR code (see steps below)
- View your Dojo Maintenance Tool, Electrs, Whirlpool and Bitcoin explorer credentials
- View your logs to ensure everything on your RoninDojo is running smoothly
- Stop/Start your Dojo, Whirlpool and Tor services
- Send HEX formatted transactions from your own Dojo
- Ensure you have Tor browser installed and running on your PC or Laptop. This isn't used directly to access RoninUI, it just provides the neccessary Tor connection.
- Download the latest RoninUI file from our downloads page and install using your Operating System's usual process.
- Only modify the Tor host and port if are running your own Tor daemon (Port 9050). Otherwise, leave these as default as shown above and press next. You will then be asked for your RoninUI URL and API key.
These can be copy/pasted from your RoninCLI menu using the following steps.
- Create a password for accessing your RoninUI and press next.
¶ Pairing Samourai Wallet (only after IBD and Indexer/Electrs are complete)
- If you already have Samourai Wallet with funds on it, you will need to check your backup and then erase the wallet. Now open a fresh Samourai, then select main-net, and activate Tor. Do not create a wallet yet! Press the
[⋮] (3 dots) in the top right corner and choose
Connect to existing Dojo.
- Scan the Dojo connection QR code displayed by your RoninUI (shown below). This pairing QR code can also be found within your Dojo Maintenance Tool.
- If you are setting up a brand new wallet, congratulations you have successfully paired your Samourai Wallet to your RoninDojo. Bitcoin privacy on-the-go over Tor is now at your fingertips! You may skip the next step and continue on to the next sections of the this wiki.
- If you are importing an existing wallet, press the back button and then select to
Import External Wallet. Enter your seed words and passphrase carefully, and do not be alarmed if you see a zero bitcoin balance! You simply need to scan for your bitcoin balance.
¶ Congratulations, you have setup your RoninUI and paired your Samourai Wallet to your RoninDojo!
Continue on to the Whirlpool section.
Check out the Troubleshooting page for more info.
Need help? Join the RoninDojo Chatroom.
Return to Wiki Homepage.